Thursday, June 04, 2009

The day the Earth stood still (Part 5)

Only the few of us ETzens and MasterMinds were specially trained to think beyond the MindBelts and could work without them. We still used a few things which could be termed as pre-historic but for the first time considered by all ETzens as life-saving. How true it is that man realizes importance of small things which he otherwise considers junk when his life entirely depends on them.

The ETzens had special computers which worked on batteries as well as on atmospheric heat. Thus, with ETzeNet still working, an emergency meeting was called in the ET Tower, the Headquarters of the EnerTech. EnerTech, though the name suggests that it deals with the Energy technology had long since expanded to cover all important aspects of life. It had a representation of all streams of scientists, economists, psychologists, politicians and law enforcement and pretty much came close to what pre-historians called the government.

I started my ground car, a pre-historic Maruti model manufactured 3 years ago. I headed to the ET Tower for the Central Committee meet. I will not bore you with the heated discussions and blame passing that happened at that meeting. But only thing important I found out (not in a meeting but at a dinner several days later when I was talking to Josey) that he had something which was very interesting. It showed me some hope…

No comments: